Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Vacation Reading

I'm doing some reading right now. I have taken up reading, Swiss Family Robinson. This is a book, I used to read on vacation every year. I would start the beginning of each vacation, making it only one two or even three chapters into the book. Than vacation got interesting. I would find myself involved in whatever we were doing. If we were at the beach I would be enjoying the the surf. Or it could be that we were in the mountains and I was watching the skyline for all the the mountains in the background. About evening time I was too tired to even consider reading.

I got to read 2 or 3 chapters, at the most. Now this will become the book that I will be reading while traveling. Instead of using the full book which is a little bit heavy and that's probably why I gave up on reading at these vacations. I have the book on my phone, computer, and tablets. So it's available anywhere, anytime that I have the time to read. I have never had a dedicated e-reader but I've always used the phone or my tablet. I have one phone plus two tablets plus a laptop and whatever book I want to read is available on all four.

I prefer using the phone. It is lightweight, sits in my pocket, take it out to read, put it back when I'm not doing any more reading, then I did the whole thing again later. In the morning or afternoon, I take my books on my phone or my tablet, find a nice quiet place, maybe the mall, maybe the library, or perhaps a coffee shop, take out my book on my phone and read away. I did that this morning, will probably do it again tomorrow, sometime either morning or afternoon and the place will vary as it always does. This is the book form that I take with me on the train or plane or just riding with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment