Friday, April 20, 2012

Boston Out and Back Trip, Planning, cont.

My Boston out and back trip has many hurdles and twist to straighten out. I did not take my video camera to Boston 2 years ago. It did not fit my itinerary, at the time. The reality is that I did not have my current video camera. It was my old mini disk model and did not have the stability my present one does. I did not want to carry a tripod. I said before, I video moving trains and take pictures of anything that does not move. Another issue at the time concerned tripod usage for video. It would be a nightmare to carry for the little that I would use it.

Now, I have gotten use to hand holding the video camera. Besides, I no longer have the desire to have both video and stills for all railroad equipment. Newer cameras have automatic shake reduction that make almost perfect hand helds and most software will, likewise reduce it. This taking of video add one more variable to the mix, batteries for the video camera. I figure that my current power usage should have one more battery to be sure. I will not have need for a charger nor a real place to charge. There may be some place for stills.

No comments:

Post a Comment