Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 20, 2012 Daytripping, NS, Piedmont, etc.

I am still planning the Boston trip. It is finished except for minor changes. I have been bound to SE NC and have gotten burned out on CSX. There are a few short line within an hour but I have burned out on those as well. What I need is a dose of Amtrak, or NCDOT, or NS or anything different. I finally settled on a trip to Salisbury, NC. I got there a good 40 minutes before the 12:40 northbound Piedmont, so I stopped to get a sandwich to eat, while waiting. I got just as a NS freight went by, but not in time to get into position to video it. I missed it. I did get into position for the Piedmont, northbound.





I went to Spencer, to both see activity at the Museum and at a crossing just north.




I was waiting on the south bound Piedmont due in Salisbury at 2:10 and should cross here around 2:00. I saw headlights in the distance. Curiosity got the better of me so I look to see which track it would arrive on. When I stood on the track, saw headlights on both tracks. The Piedmont was passing a local freight.


No comments:

Post a Comment