Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day 1: Reflection

All in all a good experience. I did make a mistake in the schedule and thought that there was the second excursion. Even before taking pictures, I took a stroll into the gift shop. This is a railroad destination so I got a patch for my excursion shirt. It is also a destination so I got a patch for my wall display. OK, I got a mug, for my collection of mugs, but it was a extra, not standard souvenir.

Reflecting back on The Great Smokey Mountain RR, there would be some possible changes. In reality, I prefer to watch or chase rather than ride. I left Bryson City and went through the gorge to Blue Ridge. I spent the night half way between Bryson City and Blue Ridge. I found the gorge pretty and watching the rafters and kyakers was fascinating. If I had the chance to go again, I more likely arrange to take the gorge trip, just for the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment