Friday, January 5, 2018

Christmas

Christmas travel is centered around friends and history. I spend the first Sunday in January at my home church. Either a day before or a day after, I head out for an excursion. In the past, Washington DC and Baltimore MD has been the center of this day trip. This year, it will be Williamsburg, VA. I haven't been on a tour there in a long long time. I worked there until 1982 and have move a bit since. I visit friends on day trips, when I lived in Richmond, but never the old tourist sites. This year will be a tourist trip, after more than 35 years.

As I said, this trip is the to be at my home church, on the first Sunday in January. This has become a tradition, in the last dozen years or so. Before I retired as pastor, December was too busy and all the way back to October is the same. There are fall retreats, Christmas and Advent stuff to be there for, So the first Sunday in January is the most convenient. Looking ahead, the temperatures predicted for the week would be the lowest so I decided to delay this trip a full week, when the temperatures would be at least 20 degrees higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment