Thursday, December 14, 2017

Baltimore to Home

I have watched the Acela Express, up and down the NEC. My first encounter was in Boston, MA and many just north of Washington DC. I made this the opportunity to ride, from Baltimore to Washington. It as great, fast, smooth and clean. The only problem is that unlike Amfleet, there are no electrical outlets at you seat.

I only had an hour plus before the connection with the Silver Star and home. It seems, only one of the five trains ran late and it was about an hour. Starting with the home-bound, I begin to think about the trip and reflecting on it quality. This trip was determined by unknowns, such as what Landmark Center was. I begin looking more at the next trips. I do have several or more drawn up in part or whole.
----------------------------------------------------------

This was a unique trip, it was railfan inclusive rather than railfan exclusive. The primary purpose of this excursion was not to watch trains, so I called it a railfan inclusive excursion. I did take the train and watched some rail. If its primary purpose was train watching, that it is railfan exclusive.

I am a tourist and a sight seer, that is I love to tour and see the sights. I am not so much a site doer. I would not go to a amusement park, to ride the rides. I would prefer to go to the mountain top and watch the rides. The only doing that I prefer is riding trains or light rail or monorails.

No comments:

Post a Comment