Sunday, December 10, 2017

South Station to Landmark Center, part 2

I walked back to South Station, to catch the red line, one block along the river, right one block to the T station. As you have noted, I like trains, architecture, and public art. In these two blocks, I got all three:

Public Art

Trains (South Station)


Artistic Architecture

From South Street Station, I went down to the red line and took it to Park Street Station, the southeast corner of the Boston Commons.

As I worked my way through this trip, something came to mind, "visitors think they know everything, but locals know they know everything." Another, "it takes a visitor to really see everything, because the locals have begun to ignore the everyday." While at home, I don't notice a lot of things. I passed by statures and memorials that I never really look at and can't tell you who was who.

I have walked the Commons, a number of times, while living in the area and the various visits back to Boston. I have many pictures so did not take all that many. I started to take some of the ice skating rink, but no one was skating. I did take one of the State House, because it was a different view than I had in the past,


I got a couple of the Christmas Tree,



and one fountain.


I had thought about crossing the Commons and the Public Gardens to Arlington Station, but changed my mind and went to Boylston Station, instead. I boarded the Green Line to Riverside, exiting at Fenway Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment