Saturday, December 2, 2017

Next Trip Approaches, Part 3

The return trip is equally full. I am doing what I tried to prevent, detraining too late or too early. After all the possible transfers, I decided to transfer in Baltimore. I thought about taking the train to Washington and taking a short trip, via MTA of Acela to Baltimore. Instead, I am opting for transfer in Baltimore, taking the time to see some Baltimore sites, two other stations are on the agenda. I than will take the Acela to Washington, where I will catch the Silver Star for home. The real reason for this transfer, in Baltimore is to take the Acela. I hope to visit Mt. Royal Station and Howard Street Tunnel, than on to Camden Yards and maybe a photo stop at Marquis de Lafayette Statue, Washington Monument, and Mount Vernon Place. Of course, I will do some videoing of MTA and commuter rail.

Next is to determine and get ready the stuff that I will take along. Being an overnight, the lighter. the better. The phone can work. However, I would prefer the DSLR. The phone has a delay between shutter and release. For family pictures, those pictures at church, or where a camera is too much, the phone is great. It is also good if only a few pictures are desired and carrying a DSLR would be a bit much. I prefer my camcorder for video. I rarely use my phone for these, or my DSLR for that matter. For general vacation or travel by car, I have no problem with the DSLR. As look ahead, most travel will be by public transit, not a lot of walking. I will take toe DSLR, at least speculating, at the present.

What about a tripod? I full tripod is two big and too heavy. For travel by car, it works fine. I could get a newer one. these are lighter and break down to less space. I do have a 6 inch tripod, which is very portable. Its lack of height is a question. I hand held all my early videos and do a fair job with it, still. Hand held video may be problematic as I like to look around and take other pictures as I take video. Besides, I need a good place to set up. I don't expect too much need for the tripod, so will hold on to that decision for the time being.

I was thinking about getting another larger memory card. I was looking though the camera bag and found another, same size card. I will take plenty of power, I have 14 hours of camcorder batteries. I sill carry my phone extra batteries.

-----------

Less than two days before boarding the northbound Carolinian, I am planning to take my tablet with me in addition to the phone. The Jet-pack will give me Internet between public WiFi. I've had the itinerary finished and on my cloud drive, for a while. I even put a directed link on my phone. I still have a few things to test out and should get that done today. I will take all my cameras without the big tripod. I will use the six inch for any place that I might want,

I will take notes as I go, but I don't think that I will do any posting, while on the road. But, we will see. Until than....

No comments:

Post a Comment