Saturday, November 25, 2017

Next Trip Approaches, Part 2

My plans in Boston are less railfan and more tourist. I will ride the green line and may take video of its operation. I loved in Boston in the 1980's. There are many things I did not see in my one year in the area. And, of course there are many replacement attractions. I do have at least an hour of train watching. Many years ago, I was taking a tour of New England. This trip wasn't to include any railfanning, except for a few tourist railroads. I was coming across Massachusetts and was to bypass Boston and go south to Plymouth. I missed my exit and found myself, in all places, near South Station, where I parked to get my directions and got a few pictures:
I tried to find the same location or one better, through google maps. I did find better and a tourist site, as well: Rolling Bridge Park.

From here I would walk to Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum. I omitted other places from my proposed travel and added other things, including Boston Commons and head out to Landmark Center, which I missed in past trips, a mall created from and old Sears warehouse. Here are a few other things to see and back to Prudential. I have been there a couple of times. I decided to catch this after dark and get some night view of Boston from the Observatory. Back Bay will be last as I will head hone from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment