Monday, November 19, 2018

My Next Trip, Part 3

I have a lot of thoughts about future trips. I love to  take the overnight and tour the full day. Boston is a favorite trip, for this. A nice excursion involves Chicago to Memphis. Memphis has a hanging monorail, which is unique. From Cary, NC just take the Carolinian or Silver star to Washington and the overnight Capitol Limited to Chicago. One problem, the layover time means  Washington, overnight. There are a few other way, like going to NYC and transfer to the Lake Shore Limited. I came up with unique trip.

Take the Star or Carolinian to a transfer point for the northeast limited, overnight to Boston. There are several places to do the transfer. In Boston, wait a few hours and take the lake shore from Boston to Chicago. Instead of a motel room in Washington, sleep on the train. From Boston another overnight to Chicago. In projection would have me spend the day in Chicago touring. Than the overnight to Memphis to spend the day. Two overnight train trip going. Sleep on the train. That night return overnight to Chicago, spend the day in Chicago and overnight to Manasas, Why Manasas, you think? First, Take the Cardinal from Chicago would still mean an overnight stay in DC. Instead, stop in Manasas for a cheaper room, but still on the commuter rail line to DC. There we have a number of options for trains, including the Virginia Railway express, the Crescent.

I have been slow in taking my next trip. Now the holidays are upon us so I need to wait til after New Years. I will take my traditional trip to Richmond, VA. I do this around the First and I go to church that first Sunday of the new year. I go back to the church I attended before I became a pastor. The first Sunday was the most ideal time for a pastor to leave his congregation behind. He/She cannot go anywhere between Thanksgiving, and Christmas, because of all the church activities going on. Now, as a retire pastor, I still have family things to take care of, so I still put things off. However, the holidays are not a good time for exploratory travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment