Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Day Trip Travel Log

The heat wave had a break and I had a day off so I set my sights on Spenser, NC. First stop, NC Transportation Museum, of course. Nothing new enough to stop for, the train running was one that I had photographed and videoed, before. Next stop is a railroad crossing, north of the Museum. It has two advantages. The first is parking is nearby in a Church parking lot. Second, good visibility. As I crossed the tracks, I saw headlight down the line. And here is the results.



Those who have looked at my videos, either here or on YouTube, will notice certain criterior for my videos. I have created my on system of naming. Since I started collecting video and pictures long before the my way of MS, my systems differs. First in the name is RR + engine number. If a double or triple header, it will be filed for each engine. This is followed by location and year and month taken. Direction is optional. If it is a consist, I will add the train name and train number, if known. I rarely video the whole consist for freights. I just limit to engine and enough for the engines to be out of sound range. This is different for short freights.

My left my location to get lunch. I got lunch to go and came back to track side. Half way trough my BBQ, I went to track side to see what might find. First rule of train watching is that any time I leave the car, take cameras. And this worked out because another train was coming. Unfortunately, my battery died. No time to change it out.

Next stop would be the Salisbury train station. But I will wait until next posting, for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment