Monday, August 8, 2011

To My Own Devices, part 2

Most of the devises are the same. the phone goes with me, every where. I use the gps for navigation. The maps syncs with the other devices. I do a direction map on my computer, and save to to my maps. On the phone, and now the tablet, I just layer the maps together to be my guide. I use blogger to create my own reference pages. When I go to California I have a blog to let me know train schedules. However, I have created these pages in Adobe and downloaded them to the computers and phone and tablet.

The biggest thing is I carry my library on my devices, through my kindle apps. Include will be local as well as national papers, all delivered to my phone or tablet.

As I travel the phone and the tablet becomes the portable devices. The last time, I never took out my computer until I got to the hotel. The tablet was the primary mover, while the phone played back up.

Another day off to play with camera. But, by the time you read this, I will have been on vacation and will be working on new pages. Just a word or two more.

My DSLR does a good job. Only a little enhancement is needed. This become ready in a short time. In fact I will sort them out as I go. The phone pictures will need a bit more enhancement. Those taken in sun, will be almost good, but those inside or in low light will need color corrections, more or less. The video will take some work. I first must convert the video, trim the length, and finally splice together segments. You might guess that I will take  an hour of video in only one or two files. After editing, they will be broken up into 1 to 2 minutes segments (for trains) I generally will use only one train per video. If I am chasing, I will have several segments spliced together if of the same train. There might be some enhancing to make them better, using in the lighting.

Video from the phone is a different ballgame, all together. I do not have the software to edit the files in their original format. I do  not want to buy the software that will work. So I download the video to YouTube. Than I download the video back to my computer, where I convert the video into a format that I can edit. Like the stills, I need to edit the lighting and the color to be useful. I will take a lot to end up with a little.

What's next will depend on what I do from here. Stay tune to the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment