Saturday, August 6, 2011

To My Own Devices

I have, recently got a new tablet PC. I have four devises. The first two are computers. The older is a laptop that is use as a desktop. All files are stored on my second laptop witch is my portable. All file are backed up on another external hard drive. It is rather primitive. I have some cloud storage but that is mostly through Google, like this blog.

I move, a year or so ago to a smart phone. It has taken some time to gain its usefulness. I had to learn what apps were good and which ones were not worth the space. Syncing is the order of the day. What is entered in one computer is found in the other and on the smart phone.

The tablet made all my work more flexible and more portable. I got a Kindle app for both the phone and the tablet. I even have it on both laptops. The operating system of the phone and the tablet are different, only in the version of Android that I use.

Add to my devise list is two DSLR's and two camcorders. One camcorder will be retire, soon. So for picture taking I might use one of the DSLR's or my phone or tablet. I have settled into a practice. The tablet is not used for either pictures of video. The phone is used for family and friend pictures and video. So, for a family function all I have is my phone that is always with me. The DSLR is used for finer, more professional looks. I took one to Boston and took most of my pictures with it. It was there that I began using the phone more. After supper I would take a walk but leave the SLR behind, but did get picture on the phone.

I still do the same. Most railroad pictures are taken with the DSLR but only if I put it in the car, before leaving. If a chance for a train picture comes up, I still have my phone.

Division of labor has come into play and changing from time to time. I journal from time to time and the journal is kept on the portable. However, I access it on the non portable via network. The same is true for a lot of other stuff. My pictures are only kept on the non portable, with backups. I usually use the table for reading Kindle books but the phone might be use if I need to refer to another book.

That concludes, for now, leaving to my own devises.

No comments:

Post a Comment