Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 7, part 1

My day, as planned, included a trip to Trenton. My railfan intent was the New Jersey Transit River Line between Trenton and Camden, across the river from Philadelphia. I took the New Jersey Transit Trenton Line to Camden. Even before I had time to orient myself, across the platform, came Amtrak 172.


Before moving on, I took a breakfast break. It just so happens, or otherwise planned, there is a McDonalds in the station at Trenton, and has window overlooking both the tracks of Amtrak and the Light Rail Station. Afterward, I went to ride the River Line to just down the road to Roebling, NJ. This is a good spot for run-by's.

Returning to Trenton. I spent some time watching trains. There is, of course, Amtrak:

Amtrak 84, Northeast Regional, Northbound, 946 leading
Amtrak 93, Southeastern Regional, Southbound, 938 leading
Amtrak 174, Northeast Regional, Northbound, 939 leading
NJT 6041 on the line, Trenton, NJ, July 17, 2012
Amtrak 176, Northeast Regional, Northbound, 654 leading
Amtrak 647, Pennsylvanian, Southbound
Amtrak 2166, Acela Express, Northbound

However there is much more, and that will come in the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment