Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 1 in Richmond VA

I was to arrive on Saturday evening, check in, and just relax. Sunday morning but worship at the church I went to well living in Richmond what in 20 years ago. Church was earlier so I had a fair amount of time left in the day. I was planning to visit with friends, but they were not available, during my visit. So, I went train watching. There has been many locations, where I have watched, over the years. On the north side of town, along the old Richmond, Fredericksburg, and Potomac main line, there is the mountain road crossing. It's a nice crossing but parking becomes a problem. I chose the Hermitage road crossing, it is within sight off the Staples Mill Amtrak Station with a long view in both directions.

First across the crossing is
CSX 5431 Leading a northbound freight. This was soon followed by Amtrak 92, Silver Star, northbound, Led by 89. This was followed by CSX 5425 Leading Southbound freightAmtrak 80, Carolinian, Northbound, Led by 59, and Amtrak 79, Carolinian, Southbound, Led by 66 a Heritage Unit. All this after lunch and before supper.

I spent the evening working with the video and goofing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment