Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Vacation......begin

I loaded the car yesterday, except for last minute items.....those things, I did not think about, this past week. I tried to leave the house clean. Is there something dangerous if you leave the house clean. If you leave the house better than usual, than the crooks know you are not home, for why is it better than ever. They look in the window and see no dishes in the sink, the beds made up. The garbage can is not overfilled. and the kitchen table is clean and stove grease free. Must be out.....

I got on the road around 2 and made, as planned, it to Ashland, VA. Just to spend the night. I did not have time to watch trains. Ashland is a good location for watching. I have watched trains here, in the past. I have one YouTube Subscriber who has posted a lot of videos, taken in town.

Day 1, yesterday was not really day one but reality only half day. It was only a part of the trip. I chose Philadelphia and planned to watch streetcar and light rail. Like always I had successes and failures. First was a trip to see line 101 and 102. However, the line was down for updating, until September. I headed for Penfield station on the Norrristown High Speed line. I go a few trains on video.



Now to the streetcar lines. I chose a spot which would allow for the classic PCCs. They were not running but the others were.



I had chose a hotel near the airport and planned to see The commuter on the airport line. It was to hot and I wore myself out so I I did not make it.

Since this was not a part of the original design, it was ok that I got less than wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment