Monday, November 15, 2010

Old Salem as in Winston-Salem, NC

Winston-Station has been a destination on many a vacation and business trip. Years ago I stoped by the courthouse. My first visits were intended for Old Salem, the restored Moravian town. I have been back to visit on more than two visits. I think that the last visit was just a pass through, almost 20 years ago. One of my memories was of being on the edge of the old town of Salem and seeing high rise buidings. These were the new town of downtown Winston which merged with Salem to become Winston-Salem.

First visit was Old Salem with its new (since my last visit 20 yr. ago) visitor center. A quick walk was taken up the street with a few pictures taken along the way. I left the old part of town for a few blocks to get some pictures of the skyline and than returned. I walked back to the information center, and to lunch. I had been into the buildings that were open and knew more about the town, before arriving.

Here are a few of my pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment