Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day 2, part 3, Lookout Mountain Incline Railway

I arrived in Chattanooga, much earlier than my prospectus. I had planned to arrive and go to Ruby Falls. I dove up to Ruby Falls, went into the gift shop and bought a mug for my collection. I remembered coming to Chattanooga many years earlier. I did see the falls but had a problem with my claustrophobia. The close in nature of a full elevator was a problem, but the real was the cavern, with no ready exit. That is the true nature of my claustrophobia, not so much the small space but the lack of control on exiting the small space. I had seen the cavern and falls so decided not to do that again.

My prospectus had my now travel to a bridge crossing the incline railroad on Lookout Mountain. There was a gift shop next to the overlook. I found in the shop a mug for Tennessee, and Chattanooga, as expected. But was pleased to fine one for the incline railroad and, to my surprise, one for Georgia.

I spent some time filming the incline railroad. I did get more on the next day and this video combines all:


Since I had gotten here earlier than anticipated, I drove all the way to the to of Lookout Mountain. It was a nice high view my not photogenic. I have learned that in the past that not all pretty views are photogenic. I drove back to the motel and had dinner and a restful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment