Thursday, August 21, 2014

Day 7 & 8

It was the night of the sixth day. I arrived in Orlando, FL rather late. I bypassed Disney. The skyline of Orlando was very attractive, however, due to traffic and lighting, I did not get any pictures. I just looked on the web and here are a couple:

http://www.skylinescenes.com/gallery/albums/city_galleries/orlando/normal_orlando_skyline_03_0498.jpg

http://www.skylinescenes.com/gallery/albums/city_galleries/orlando/thumb_orlando_skyline_13_0429.jpg
Past downtown, I did have the opportunity to pace the Amtrak Silver Star as it left Orlando. This was only by chance.

So! It is morning of Day 7. My plan was to go by the Amtrak Station and watch mostly the SunRail, Orlando's new commuter rail. I was about a block from the station when the question came to me, did SunRail operate on Sundays. Well! It did not.

Now, onward to Jacksonville. In Jacksonville was the JTA Skyway, I stopped by the Colosseum station, and (guess what), it did not operation on Saturdays or Sundays.

Now, onward to Savanna, GA. It was almost halfway home and a good end to the day. There is the Riverside Streetcar, which runs on weekend and in the afternoon. I arrived after 1 and it was not running.

Day 8 is on the road home.

No comments:

Post a Comment