Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Late January Trip

I know that I mentioned that it was outside of the excursion season. The main reason for this is the sunlight fades to soon. Every chance to see some trains would be taken, however. An afternoon jaunt to just get away, resulted on an interesting train experience. I crossed the railroad tracks while traveling on route 74. There were freight cars on the siding but I chose not to investigate. On the return trip, I notice the possibility of an engine. I turned at the next road and saw the engine in the distance. All indication was that it was switching up ahead, but I had no means of getting to the siding (legally).

The engine wasn't moving at the time. Than the headlight began to blink and a single horn blast indicated that the engine was moving. It was moving forward. It crossed the road in front of me and since I was heading in that direction, I decided to chase the train down the line. I was at Wadesboro and heading toward Pee Dee, NC


No comments:

Post a Comment