Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Alexander RR, Then and Now

Once upon a time, when, I cannot remember, I was in transit from a point east to a point west, the exact locations I cannot remember. I was on I 40 and it was at least 25 years ago. I passed under the bridge with the name, Alexander RR. Curiosity got to me and I pulled off the highway and looked at my map. Sure enough, there was an Alexander RR. I traced the railroad from Statesville to Alexander, NC. I finally ended up at the engine shops in Alexander. It was a different time and I entered the engine house and asked for permition to take pictures and they agreed. I photographed engine # 6 and engine # 3. On my first chase this year, I saw # 6.


Then
Now

I saw number 3 a month or two ago but my picture suffered from a glitch in settings. Today I saw it and got my picture. Notice the difference

Then
Now

I did see number 9 but since I had chased it before I moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment