Saturday, June 27, 2015

Final Preparations, Part 1

Preparations have been under way even though it is a month to departure. I usually wait until that last week to make reservations. And only for the first night or two. I can reserve rooms as I go, using my Internet. That gives me the flexibility as to the next stop.

As things get closer, I need to make sure cloths are ready. That is are they clean and do I carry enough with me. Do I have the right style and forms. I might want to go to a movie or to a play or to the beach and swim. Of course they need to be clean.

Speaking of cleaning, I try to leave the house in order. I remember while in high school, going away for vacation. My mom was am immaculate house keeper and was known to leave the house perfect. We would even make sure all lights were out. On this one vacation, my brother, than 4, was playing with a box of play money, on the floor under the dining room table. He had dumped it and spread it around somewhat. Mom, didn't even notice it as we left. My sister was too old to go with the family on vacation. She attended a church retreat over the weekend and was to spend the week with friends. She got home from the retreat to change and pack for the week. Like most teenagers, she left her room a shambles, drawers open an cloths hanging out, etc. And, she left the dining room light on.

Our next door neighbor took the job of keeping an eye on things. And, that night, she noticed the dining room light on, contrary to what Mom would do. She came over and looked in the window to see that box of play money on the flour. She suspected something and called the police. The police came and the neighbor let them in and as they got to My sister's room and the shambles, you might understand what the police thought. You don't have to, it is in the police report. "robbers broke in, searched to house, left on room a shambles, looking for valuables. Than they found what they thouth was a box of money, brought in down stairs and in the light realized that it was not real. They dropped the box in the dining room and left." Lesson was not to leave the house in any other shape than you would otherwise. I leave the same lights on as I have normally.

Taking some time is to make sure batteries for all devices are charged and ready. Of course I take my chargers with me for the phone, tablet, cameras, scanner, and whatever else. The camcorder has four batteries, the one it came with and carries charge for two hours the other three have 4 hours each. This was calculated by a 12 hour day. however My current camcorder needs less, when off it does not use power, if you have the viewer closed. My phone and pad can be charged in the car, plus, I have a rechargeable charger that can charge the phone twice, before needing to be recharged itself. My SLR takes four AA as does my scanner. These I will just take with me.





No comments:

Post a Comment