Saturday, April 29, 2017

Underground Atlanta and Downtown Parks



After the Millennium Gate, I took the bus bracf the Art Center and the subway to Five Points and Underground Atlanta. I did not expect to spend much time there so a few pictures and onward:







My prospectus involved walking to Woodruff Park and Hurt Park and on to John Wesley Dobbs Plaza and to Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site. I did walk through Woodruff Park and boarded the streetcar, the streetcar to Hurt Park where I stopped for a while and back to the streetcar and on to Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site.

The Woodruff Park has good landscape and public art:








Hurt Park was not very interesting as the fountain was turned off. However, it, along with Woodruff Park has become a major hangout of Atlanta's homeless.


I boarded the streetcar and headed for Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site

No comments:

Post a Comment