Sunday, April 30, 2017

Martin Luther King Jr. Historical Site




I found the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Site, a very moving experience. I got off the streetcar, within sight of Ebeneezer Baptist Church, the home church of the Kings. I went in and up to the sanctuary. It is a beautiful space. They have recordings of King speaking. It was here that MLK did his pastoral service. Everyone remembers his "I have a dream" speech in Washington. The story that I remember is that he was not schedule to speak, that day, but it was last minute, due to the absence of one speaker. He took images from one of his old sermons and adapted from religious to political. Imagine the whole protest in Washington, without that speech and movement without him.

After a brief orientation at the Visitor's Center, after I had been visiting, on past Fire Station No. 6 to the Birth Home Block.

Next, we have the King Center: The King's grave and the Eternal Flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment