Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Trip Logs

Not all trips are rail fan exclusive. Some are out and back excursions. Most are general trips in which I would take time to watch local trains. Like my Boston trip last summer, my goal was to see places I had lived, 25 years ago, to visit sites that I had seen but did not take pictures, and to take pictures of commuter rail and local transit. Some places that I would see are those that are orputinist, others come through research.

This is true for most trips. There is the occassional out and back excursion but most are more varied in motivations. Even it to out and backness, there is a bit of orputinism. I took a ride up to Greensboro to watch trains, shop, and generally explore. I cross the Aberdeen, Carolina Western at Candor. My instinct is to look for headlights as I cross the tracks. This this time I decided to stop for a few minutes. The ACWR swithches cars at the Purdue feed mill and a number of engines are there for that purpose. Those units also connect with the CSX at Aberdeen. I drove past the plant. I went up the road to turn around, which meant crossing the tracks, just past the plant.

Orputinism! Other units coming from Aberdeen is arriving to drop of more cars. Slow orders made this interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment