Monday, July 10, 2017

The Fourth of July

I finished my morning train watching, around 3. I stopped because the heat was exhausting and I wanted to go by the room for a nap and to cool off before meeting my friend for supper. Our plan was to got to Dogwood Dell for a concert and fireworks. A long standing tradition in Richmond. The alternative 4th celebration was at the ballpark and their fireworks. The concert started of with a concert of the War Memorial Carillon, which could not be well heard because of the the people in the Dell, still talking. About the time that the Orchestra Started, it began to sprinkle. The city had provided shuttle bus service from another parking location so we left via the shuttle. When the bus had gotten back to our parking, the rain had ended. So we watched the fireworks from another location.

Virginia War Memorial Carillon



No comments:

Post a Comment