Saturday, July 21, 2018

Before Excursion Touring of Richmond

I decided to spend the time before my train left, exploring a bit. On my way into town, the day before, I did stop by Main Street Station, to look around. My main objective was to check out the parking situation. This morning, I stopped by the Virginia Historical Society to use their library. I only touched on it, not really being in the mood. I have been doing genealogy here and at the State Archives.

I took a drive accross the 14th Street Bridge to what use to be Hull Street Station for the Southern Railroad. Now it is now The Richmond Railroad Museum, operated by the Old Dominion Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society:


I was a member when I lived in Richmond, many years ago. However, it was not open. I did get to look at the Flood Wall Park:


Everyone here knows my love of public art:


I drove by but not went into the Archives. I explored a part of Churchill




No comments:

Post a Comment