Saturday, July 14, 2018

Friday and Leave Monday

I have begun getting my stuff organized before packing. I spent the last week getting the setting updated on Video. First concern, after this, is video power supply. I have four power packs: three 4 hour and one 2 hour, so a full supply of 14 hour, for my camcorder. That is plenty for the week, I would think, but I will take along a charger, just in case. My last camcorder used power when it was on. This camcorder only is on when the viewer is activated. So, the batteries last longer.

Bad news, however, Last night my phone died. I need to go and get a new one. It is more than just battery, I am afraid. This means learning a new phone, as I go. I would prefer to have at least a week before it becomes vital.

Back to the batteries: they all have been charged. I charged the portable WiFi. I don't use this as much as I use to. There are many hot spots to handle Internet. I use to serve small churches with no WiFi to connect to, so this portable WiFi, was a necessity. Phone can circumvent the WiFi or create it own. The tablet and computer is another thing. Malls and motels have free WiFi. The same is true of coffee shops and restaurants. But it is good just in case the local WiFi settings are not good.

Later in the day: I did get a new phone. It is an updated version of my last. I has more memory, works faster. It was fortunate that I downloaded all my pictures from the 4th of July, from the phone to the computer. Some people keep all their pictures on the phone. I don't. On first opportunity, I copy or transfer them to the computer, to a file I call Data, Photo and Video. That is different than normal files are in a folder called Data. And when those files are not used on a day by day basis, they are put in a folder called Data, Archived. On my backup drive, I have another called Data, Archived Music. This last is due to that I copied and created a lot of mp3's back in the day. I now listen to music on YouTube, so no need taking up that space on the computer but I still don't toss out all that work. I will either leave copies of pictures on the phone or make copies for Google Drive, that I want to share on the phone.

I still need to make sure the apps are where I want them. I still have two days before I leave. I did get the oil changed in the car. One problem. I have two chargers for my devices, that can recharge them away from an outlet. I cannot find the newer one. I have looked in the car, every case I own. Cant find it. I may have enough power to last, I do have access to wall outlets for charging.


No comments:

Post a Comment