Thursday, July 5, 2018

Final Revisioning

For this itinerary, I decided to arrive via the Rt 128 station. It will be my first watch location for MBTA. I planned for 3 hrs. watching, which include another Northeast Regional and Acela, in addition to MBTA. Commuter Rail will take me to South Station, I will transfer to the Red line to Ashmont and the Mattapan Trolley to Ceder Grove, where I will watch the Maattapan Trolly. Next will be to the airport, Original plans was to watch at another Blue liine staton but that change in thei revision. and than to north station. This trip will take a trip on the MBTA out of North station to Anderson/​Woburn Station on the Lowell line. Here I will see MBTA plus two Amtrak Downeasters. I thought, at first I could choice to take either the MBTA back to Boston, and see the arrival of the next Downeaster, 10 minutes later, or watch that MBTA train and take the next Downeaster back to Boston. Looking at the online reservation, The Downeaster stop in Woburn to discharge passengers, only. I end up my trip where the green line is above ground and video a bit before heading for Back Bay Station to relax and shop before boarding the train home.

It was obvious that I had to revise the plan of 2012 to take in changes in train schedules. I had also laid out new options. I finally chose the trip. The tickets and reservations are in hand. So as it stands I leave home Monday, July 16, spend the night in Richmond. The next day will enjoy Richmond and using the State Archives. I will go to Main street Station to depart around 6:30 PM and go overnight to Boston.

I decided to stay longer at Boston 128 station so I can see the Acela Express, outbound from South Station. The schedule that I used before revision, I could take the MBTA to South Station and still have 5 or 10 minutes before Acela  departed. This schedule it was not a possibility. It will be almost three hours. I tended to take the longer watching time. I had planned to watch the blue line at the airport station for 30 minutes and at the next station for 30 more. Looking things, one place to watch would be sufficient and save some time. I decides that rather than go to Back Bay for the return, I would go to South Station. I haven't really explored that station, and really should.

Remember that I will spend one night in Richmond and leave from Main Street Station and return there for another night.. If course there will be two nights on the trains. I will spend either before or after to Explore changes in Main Street Station. I finally chose the trip. The tickets and reservations are in hand.  My "schedule" is more of a prospectus and still subject to change,

I am doing some things different this time. Instead of the full schedule, I have a summary. I have links to the MBTA schedules for each route linked to that summary. The MBTA have a real time element in the site. If I setup a link to the red line South Station to Ashmont as my route, it will tell me the next train and what time it will arrive. These will be on my phone. Add to this my taking webpages and creating a link on my homescreen to that page.

No comments:

Post a Comment