Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Preparations

Preparations continue, yet too early for real packing. I am updating my electronic gadgets. I go back to before Internet. I got an early start on the Internet and began learning mark up language in order to write web pages. The browsers than, like now use bookmarks. However, you could not organize them like now. You could not place them in subject folders, like now. I did the next best. I created a home page that would start up when my Internet when called. It would contain all my bookmarks for sites that are favorites and looked at frequently. It is not very fancy and very useful. It was organized by topics.

In a revision, a few years ago, I added a window through the page to a google sheet behind, called Notes. O can add and edit the page without leaving the homepage. I have created an android icon so I can access it on phone and tablet. I can put on the note page at home, on the computer and read it on the phone, as well. Some links are outdated and some that I haven't used in a while, and more likely not use them in the future. I went through the page and have been deleted them. Some reorganization needed to find them easily. That is done for now. The computer does not go with me on these excursions but will make it with me to Richmond.

My phone is am Android not a IPhone and my pad is also an Android. Over the years, I have downloaded many apps for both. I use the phone and the pad, a bit different so I need to organize the icons and delete unusable and inappropriate apps. Their organization, after revision will be similar to the Computer. I have added apps that are useful for this excursion. I have added an icon that will bring up my Amtrak E-ticket and projected itinerary. and references for the trip. They will be deleted after the trip is over.





No comments:

Post a Comment