Friday, July 27, 2018

Looking Back, Looking Forward

As I said in an earlier post, I have interest and non-interest in certain things on vacation or excursions. I am not a beach, amusement park, or recreation person. I may look at and may photograph a ski area but you will never catch me skiing, intentionally. I like the ocean view but not swimming in the ocean. I will go by and enjoy a visit to a restore village, or an old house that has been preserved. I might even visit a historic site. So, in looking at Boston, a visit to the bay is to see the bay not to use the bay for recreation. OK I love the beach to people watch (girl watch). I go to the state fair, not to ride rides but to look at the exhibits and animals. I do like to watch the people riding rides and playing the concessions.

One thing I concluded was that both of my train watching sites were not so good. I selected another on the Lowel Line, that had a low platform and nice view of the train (I think) West Medford. As I looked at it on the map I came across a historic site, not far: Royall House and Slave Quarters. I put in my idea list and could visit it, on a future day-trip or extended time away. I than looked up other historic and interesting places to visit on a future trip. I may or may not visit them.

I took out some previously outline excursions and might take one of them. I did make some alterations to them and look at alternative versions. I like to go to Florida, Miami, Orlando, and Jacksonville. Another good excursion starts with a overnight to Chicago and than to Memphis, to see a suspended monorail. There are others, that I have done, each with variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment