Sunday, July 22, 2018

Beginning of Day

Time to board is at hand and on my way I go. I was thinking what is better: bus, train, or plane. It depends, really, on how much time you want to use to get there. A bus trip, across country is a bit much, as far as I am concerned. A few hour trip is fine. Buses are good for medium to short trips. Trains are good for more and longer trips. If you have time, a coast to coast might be nice but for travel overnight or within a day, a train is comfortable and allows to see the landscape going by. Trains allow for more movement. Train walking is a time honored exercise. There is always the cafe car to visit for a drink and food.

My trip began at 6:30 in the evening and I would arrive in Boston on the next morning around 7:30. I decided to get off at Route 128 and spend a couple of hours train watching. One my way I spent some time in the cafe.

Upon arrival I began to film. In two hours I videoed 13 trains, including 11 MBTA Commuter Trains, one Amtrak Northeast Regional, and one Amtrak Acela Express.


Now I take the commuter rail into South Station to get the Red Line to Ashmont. Where I board the Mattapan Trolley


I take the trolley to Ceder Grove to watch for an half hour or so:


Back to Ashmont and my day continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment