Friday, October 1, 2010

Boston, Day 3 (Wed.) part 2

From Mass. Ave. subway station, I boarded the Orange Line outbound to the next station, Ruggles Station. The nice thing about Ruggles is that it is both a Subway and Commuter Rail Station. Still, no direct live of view from one platform to the other. My complete interest here was the commuter rail, south of Boston and on the road Amtrak, including Acela Service, on the road.

I have been taking pictures for many years. Since the advent of the Internet that term has expanded to collecting pictures of others, from the Internet. I had been taking some pictures of MBTA stuff, from the internet. Now, I would take them in person. My intention was. if I see it, I would delete the internet ones from my collection. Antother point is how long to take pictures. For me, schedule makes a difference. Two hours is about the limit of my energy. However, there is also a limit to the number of trains, or rather, the frequency of trains. This means in a light train session with, let's say, one train per hour or less, I might stay for two trains, or about an hour. Waithing tires me out more than frequent activity. If the number is largge, let;s day one ever 10 to 15 minutes apart, I might keep saying, just one more and stay much longer. Than again, unless there is variety, it might be 3 to 4 trains and I out of here.

At Ruggles, I knew that there was a certain frequency of trains that was favorable. However, the vareiety of equiptment was the question. Two or three commuter rail, one regional service Amtrak, and at least one Acela service Amtrak, might me my limit. So, How did I fare? Let's see! I had noted the times of trains on my itinerary and remember, it is as follows: 9:14iP, 9:20oAa, 9:40oAr, 9:41iP, 9:54iAa, 9:59iF, 10:46iP, 11:00iAr, 11:10oAr, 11:12iP. Capitol letter indicated line P=Providence, F=Framingham, A=Amtrak (small a=Acela, and small r=regional). in two hours I saw one Amtrak regional, two Acela service, and four Commuter Rail.

Amtrak Regional Service

Amtral Acela Service South from Boston (on my notes listed as outbound)

Amtral Acela Service North to Boston (on my notes listed as inbound)

Commuter Rail South from Boston (on my notes listed as outbound)

Commuter Rail South from Boston (on my notes listed as outbound)

Commuter Rail South from Boston (on my notes listed as outbound)

Commuter Rail South from Boston (on my notes listed as outbound)

No comments:

Post a Comment